• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 insangen

insangen

michael

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 01:53 AM

Hi, cool site, new member, Thanx for your help and time! :techsupport: <ME! That's done! I was wondering if somone could offer a little information on buffer overflows, how they work, where does the data that's being downloaded into a buffer actually go, and how can I find it after it has been downloaded? I was at a site and downloaded bufferoverflow that I think contained a form of the Elmer language. From what I found out, it supposedly helps say, a c++ language work from a java language script(I think :huh: ) by letting the c++ understand the java language. I was getting an error message saying that the visualC++ library had detected an overflow and the internal integrity of the program I was using(IE7) would be compromised. I also tried it on firefox, same message. Netscape would not even let me connect to optuszoo or ninemsn which are larger email places here in Oz. I have spyware doctor from pctools installed (paid version), also pctools antivirus (free) pctools firewall(free) spybot search and destroy 1.5 (free) adaware personal LE(free). None of these programs picked up this problem, and it has only stopped (I hope) after restoring. Thanx again for your time, Insangen.
[font=Comic Sans Ms][color=#000099]iNSANE mONKEY bOY PRODUCTIONS 2007.

#2 screen317

screen317

SWI Sentinel

• Global Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,814 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 03:28 AM

This may be of assistance:

http://en.wikipedia....Buffer_overflow

Please consider donating to help support the continued prompt and excellent services of this site.

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button