router/vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gwac

gwac

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:11 PM

I have been getting a few trojans lately. Is there a way to configure my linksys router to help with the problem.

Secondly is there a recommended firewall software for vista since vista does not do a good job on outgoing.
(new 2nd computer no virus or malware yet)

TIA

#2 daveydoom

daveydoom

Sounding the crack of doom for malware

• Trusted Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:20 AM

I have been getting a few trojans lately. Is there a way to configure my linksys router to help with the problem.

It should be set up fine with the default settings. Maybe there are other issues such as surfing habits (more than one user?) or protection programs used (or not used). A software firewall should be used in conjunction with the router.

Secondly is there a recommended firewall software for vista since vista does not do a good job on outgoing.

Recent thread here. :)

Edited by daveydoom, 07 April 2007 - 05:21 AM.

"A computer beat me in chess, but it was no match when it came to kickboxing"
-Emo Philips

unite_final.png

#3 gwac

gwac

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 06:13 PM

Thanks

It should be set up fine with the default settings. Maybe there are other issues such as surfing habits (more than one user?) or protection programs used (or not used). A software firewall should be used in conjunction with the router.

Recent thread here. :)

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button