f-prot "archive bomb"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Man_Beach

Man_Beach

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 05:53 AM

I haven't had much need to look at these forums since changing over to Linux a couple of years ago. I dual boot Ubuntu and Windows 98 - I only keep the Windows because my wife still visits a few websites for her work which will only work with Internet Explorer - but I've installed firefox as well.

Every month or so I run an f-prot scan (from Linux) to see if there are any viruses on my system. It keeps flagging up a suspicious file on the windows side of things -

/media/hda1/windows/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/19eb7d7u.default/Cache/7C6BA49Cd01...could be an archive bomb

Is this anything to worry about, or is it just to do with the way firefox saves profiles? Has anyone else seen a similar message with f-prot concerning firefox?

#2 dave38

dave38

Devout Murphyite!

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:51 PM

Not certain exactly what it is,but you can delete that file with no problems, as it is in the cache which is FF answer to IE's Temorary internet files. You do know that firefox can delete these files when closing: go to Tools> Options> privacy and check the "alway clear my private data when closing firefox".
Be wary of strong drink. It may make you shoot at tax collectors, and miss!
Please support SWI forum

Member of ASAP and UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button