• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Hcube

Hcube

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:06 AM

Hello All, :wave:

I have just signed on as a student to learn something I hope about malware.

I have AVG tools on my computer. This system did a scan on my machine just now and
discovered a trojan. This is a first for me in a very long time. I have the anti-virus and a firewall.

Now on to my question(s), this was listed as S D Fix.exe. The subject showed "Trojan Horse Downloader.Generic4.IPL". A click on properties just stated it was from another computer.

The AVG program deleted this from my program list and restore. I then shut down restore and restarted it.

I would like to know how this got on my computer and where it may have come from?

I tried doing a search on Google and on this site and got nowhere. Can anyone tell me
what this does and also how did it get pass my safe guards?

:rant:

#2 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,574 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 10:39 AM

It is a false positive... AVG scans for evidence of infections and SDFix uses names of infections to find and kill them... It would be a good idea to post this in the topic about SDFix in Boot Camp...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

#3 Hcube

Hcube

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:11 PM

Okay Budfred,

Thanks for the reply.

Now, please direct me to the correct forum to post this in. As you can see I posted in
what I thought was a correct place. General forum.

Your comment on boot camp and looking at the Boot Camp page, to me it does not fit. So
I will ask where in the Boot Camp subjects?

This is what I was commenting on when I ask for some slack. My mind does not comprehend
what goes where in these multi-theme forums.

Thanks so much again.

#4 Budfred

Budfred

Malware Hound

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,574 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 01:55 PM

You need to look at the subforums in Boot Camp... There is one where there is a very active discussion of SDFix... It is not appropriate to discuss Boot Camp forums here because this is a public forum...
Budfred

Helpful link: SpywareBlaster...

MS MVP 2006 and ASAP Member since 2004

Please read the Instructions for posting requested logs and the article "So how did I get infected in the first place?"

Member of UNITE
Support SpywareInfo Forum - click the button